Saturday, October 17, 2009

Post-Mongolia

So, the week after going to Inner Mongolia was pretty uneventful. A week of class (with a surprise class on Friday hmph), the usual daily quizzes, etc. The end of the week, though, has been really fun. Last night, we went out to celebrate my friend Minah's 22nd birthday. We ate at a great Italian restaurant called Otto, went to Glamour Bar (expensive and pretentious, not my choice), and then to Not Me. We had a really good time.



Today, I went with my host family to Qibao 七宝 District, or Seven Treasures District, which is about all that's left of "old Shanghai." It was really fun, and I finally got a picture with my host parents. :)




Democracy Road!



Finally, my host parents - Aunt Pan and Uncle Zhou (pronounced Joe)...

After Qibao, we met my host dad's brother at a pretty upscale restaurant in Jinshajiang Road's "nicest hotel." Delicious. I love my host family.

My host mom took some pictures at the restaurant because my camera was dead, so I'll try to post those later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok - so I am glad to finally see your host family and know that they really do exist haha. Glad you had a good weekend. See you soon. Love you and miss you!