Thursday, July 23, 2009

"1+1" Party

Last night, we had a class-sponsored party with our roommates. The Chinese tutor program is called "1+1" because it pairs one native Chinese college student with one American college student, and they help each other understand their cultures and languages. At the party, there were balloons and watermelons and lots of Chinese games. My favorite, I must admit, was definitely the "Can you choose who broke the Chinese table manners?" game. Riveting and educational!




Srsly, though, the night was fun. We got to mingle with all the roommates. We played games like "Table Manners," musical chairs, balloon racing, etc.

Finally, I got a picture of me and my roommate. He's definitely the coolest of them all. His name is 孙宇 (Sun Yu) and his major is Classical Chinese, or something to that effect.



Last night, we also got to play with Sarah (aka Tian-tian or Laduzi Baby). Her parents own the restaurant beside our dorm. Success.

No comments: