Friday, July 31, 2009

KARAOKE

If you keep up with me on Facebook, then you noticed that my status a few hours ago was KARAOKE. Tonight, we went with some of our roommates to a KTV (karaoke) place across from our favorite night spot, Le Bang. Sadly, my roommate Eugene is visiting a friend this weekend in Weifang and won't be back until tomorrow afternoon. Next weekend, we are probably going to go to KTV again, though, so I'll be looking forward to that.

KTV in China is very different from American karaoke. When Americans sing karaoke, they usually require some liquid courage, if you know what I mean. China is fun, though, because they're so comfortable singing in front of other people and they just have fun.

We sang some American/Western classics like "Country Roads" and "Yellow Submarine," as well as some Chinese songs by Jay Chou and others. All in all, it was a really fun night.

This girl was really into it, which made it even more fun.




Tomorrow, my friend and Ole Miss classmate Jitin is DJ'ing at Le Bang, so that will be fun.

Until then,
Matthew

No comments: